When you think of children’s TV stars, you immediately assume that their life consists of G-rated activities and clean language.
Apparently, this isn’t the case…
1. The star of The Amanda Show, Amanda Bynes, was arrested back in 2014 for driving under the influence of a narcotic.
The actress was stopped at a red light in the middle of an intersection and then failed a series of field sobriety tests
2. Dustin Diamond, who played Screech on Saved by the Bell, was arrested in 2014 for assaulting someone with a weapon in a nightclub.
Diamond served three months in prison and was released due to good behaviour.
3. Even Stevens star Shia LaBeouf was arrested in 2017 and charged with obstruction, disorderly conduct, and public drunkenness.
He had previously received a DUI in 2008 and was arrested in 2015 for public intoxication.
4. In 2004, Macaulay Culkin was arrested for possession of marijuana and possession of a controlled substance without a prescription.
Culkin was the passenger in a car that was pulled over for speeding. Police found prescription medication and marijuana.
5. Eddie from That’s So Raven was arrested in early 2018 following a dispute between him and his girlfriend and her mother.
The actor, Orlando Brown, had previously been arrested in 2016 after allegedly striking his girlfriend and found to be in possession of narcotics.
6. Jamie Lynn Spears caused some controversy when the Zoey 101 star became pregnant at the age of 16.
The Nickelodeon show ended up being cancelled shortly after it was announced that Spears was with child.
7. After capturing our hears in The Parent Trap, Lindsay Lohan found herself in trouble with the law, most notably being arrested for driving under the influence.
She spent some time in jail but was released due to overcrowding.
8. Jodie Sweetin, known for playing Stephanie Tanner on Full House, has admitted that she has a deep history of addiction to narcotics.
9. The actor behind the role of Crabbe from the Harry Potter films, Jamie Waylett, was sentenced to two years in prison for taking part in the London riots.
You may have noticed a lack of Crabbe in the last instalment of the wizard series, Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part Two.
This was because Jamie had been accused of growing marijuana in his mother’s home at the time, so his character was omitted for the final Harry Potter film.
10. Pop princess Britney Spears, who many may forget starred on the classic kids’ program, The Mickey Mouse Club, almost faced a year in jail when she was charged in a hit-and-run.